5th International Global Wordnet Conference,
Indian Institute of Technology,
Bombay, Mumbai-40076, INDIA
Jan. 31 -Feb. 4, 2010
Extended deadline for paper submission: October 5, 2009
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, Mumbai, India
Prof. Pushpak Bhattacharyya (email@example.com)
Final Call for papers
5th International Conference of the Global WordNet Association
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, Mumbai, India, Jan. 31 -Feb. 4, 2010
The Global Wordnet Association is pleased to announce the Fith
International Global Conference of the Global WordNet Association (GWA2010).
The conference will be held at the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, Mumbai, India, Januray, 2010.
Details about the Association and the full announcement for the
conference can be found on the GWA website:
We invite papers addressing the questions listed below.
Proposals for tutorials on building wordnets and demonstrations
of wordnet databases and wordnet-based software on any issue related
to wordnets are welcome, too.
Presentations will fall into one of the following categories:
- A. Linguistics and lexical semantics:
- In depth analysis of Semantic Relations,
- Theoretical definitions of word meaning,
- Necessity and Completeness issues.
- Ontologies and wordnets.
- The lexicon and wordnets.
- B. Architecture of lexical databases:
- Language independent and language dependent components
- C. Tools and Methods for Wordnet Development:
- User and Data entry interface, organization,
- Extending and enriching wordnets
- D. WordNet as a lexical resource and component of NLP and MT:
- Word sense disambiguation using wordnet,
- Ontologies and WordNet,
- The Lexicon and WordNet
- E. Applications of WordNet:
- Information Extraction and Retrieval,
- Document Structuring and Categorization,
- Automatic Hyperlinking
- Language Teaching,
- Psycholinguistic Applications
- F. Standardization, distribution and availability of wordnets and wordnet tools.
- long papers (30 mins)
- short papers (15 mins)
- project reports (10 mins)
- demonstrations (20 mins)
Submissions will have to state the preferred format. Acceptance may
be subject to changes in the format or length of the presentation.
(E.g., a long paper submission may be accepted as a short paper.)
Final papers should be submitted in electronic form (Word or TeX):
Papers need to be submitted to the EasyChair website:
- Long papers should contain approximately 4,000 words (~ 8 pages),
- Demonstration papers must be at most 5 pages text (2,500 words long) and can have additional 3 pages screen dumps or images;
- Short papers and project descriptions should be approx. 2,500 words long (~ 5 pages).
GWA 2010 Easy Chair site
The format of the paper is in ACL format (Word and LaTex):
ACL 2009 paper formats
The conference program will include oral presentations and
poster/demonstration sessions with sufficient time for discussions of the issues raised.
The deadline for submissions is October 1st, 2009. Decisions regarding
acceptance will be announced to the authors by early November. Final papers are due at November 15th.
Important note: papers are only accepted after registration.
Registration for at least one of the authors is required at due time of the final papers to be included in the proceedings.
Later registration and on site registration for participants is possible without inclusion of the paper and without presentation.
- October-1-2009 Deadline for paper submission
- November-1-2009 Acceptance of papers
- November-1-2009 Registration is open
- November-15-2009 Final Papers
- November-15-2009 Registration closes for author(s) to be included in the proceedings
- January 31 - February 4, 2010 Conference
Please note that travelling to India may require a Visa. Please, consult the national authorities to arrange for your Visa in time.
Local Organizing Chair:
Prof. Pushpak Bhattacharyya
- German Rigau (San SebastianSpain) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dominique Dutoit, Crisco, Univ.de Caen, Memodata. email@example.com
- Adam Kilgarriff (BrightonUK),firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adam Pease (San FranciscoUS),email@example.com
- Ales Horak (BrnoCzech Republic), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Darja Fiser (Ljubljana, Slovenia), email@example.com
- Bernado Magnini (TrentoItaly), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shu-kai Hsieh (Academia Sinica, Taiwan) email@example.com
- William Black (Manchester, UK) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gloria Vasquez (Barcelona, Spain) email@example.com
- Ana Fernandez (Barcelona, Spain) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Piek Vossen (AmsterdamNetherlands) email@example.com
- Roxane Segers (AmsterdamNetherlands) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pushpak Bhattacharyya (MumbaiIndia), email@example.com
- Christiane Fellbaum (PrincetonUS), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hitoshi Isahara (KyotoJapan), email@example.com
- Eneko Agirre (San SebastianSpain), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karel Pala (BrnoCzech Republic), email@example.com
- Kyoko Kanzaki (KyotoJapan), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ted Pedersen (MinneapolisUS), email@example.com
- Francis Bond firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monica Monachini (PisaItaly) email@example.com
- Claudia Soria (PisaItaly) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andrea Marchetti (PisaItaly) Andrea.Marchetti@iit.cnr.it
- Maurizio Tesconi (PisaItaly) email@example.com
- Francesco Ronzano (PisaItaly)firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eli Pocielo email@example.com
- Wauter Bosma firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bolette Pedersen (CopenhagenDenmark), email@example.com
- Jordan Boyd-Graber (PrincetonUS), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Horacio Rodriguez (BarcelonaSpain), email@example.com
- Axel Herold (Berlin, Germany) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thomas Pfuhl (Berlin, Germany) email@example.com
- Amanda Hicks (Berlin, Germany) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yannick Mathieu (Paris, France) email@example.com
- B. Mallikarjun, CIIL Mysore (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sudeshna Sarkar, IIT Kharagpur (email@example.com)
- S. Arulmozi, Dravidian University (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Girish Nath Jha, Jawaharlal Nehru University (email@example.com)
- S.Rajendran, Tamil University (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Prabhakar Pandey, IIT Bombay (email@example.com)
- Rajat Mohanty, AOL, (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dipti Mishra Sharma, IIIT Hyderabad (email@example.com)
[home | webmaster]
- Global Wordnet Association